• Nearly 4 million veteran households pay more than 30% of income for housing.
• More than 1.5 million of these households pay more than 50% of income for housing (severe cost burden).
• Nearly 1 million veterans who own homes are severely cost burdened, despite having access to VA loans and other assistance.
• A substantial subset of veterans struggle economically. Approximately 1.4 million veterans (6.7%) live in poverty.
Habitat for Humanity builds homes and hope for veterans and active military in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Join us on our next Heroes with Heart Build
Habitat for Humanity is looking for volunteers to serve on the Heroes with Heart build.
To donate to this program or for more information please email email@example.com
To apply for homeownership through this program call us at 503-364-6642 and ask for Heather.
- Active Military Status, Honorable Discharge or the Survivor of a Veteran
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- Cannot have owned a home during the past 3 years
- Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, overcrowded or unaffordable housing
- Must be willing to contribute 500 volunteer “sweat equity” hours (300 hours for households with 1 adult)
- Must have proof of steady income sufficient to repay an affordable mortgage and satisfactory credit history
- Must be within income limits (see chart below)