• Nearly 4 million veteran households pay more than 30% of income for housing.
• More than 1.5 million of these households pay more than 50% of income for housing (severe cost burden).
• Nearly 1 million veterans who own homes are severely cost burdened, despite having access to VA loans and other assistance.
• A substantial subset of veterans struggle economically. Approximately 1.4 million veterans (6.7%) live in poverty.
Habitat for Humanity builds homes and hope for veterans and active military in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
To apply for homeownership through this program call us at 503-364-6642 and ask for Kattrina.
- Active Military Status, Honorable Discharge or the Survivor of a Veteran
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident
- Cannot have owned a home during the past 3 years
- Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, overcrowded or unaffordable housing
- Must be willing to contribute 500 volunteer “sweat equity” hours (300 hours for households with 1 adult)
- Must have proof of steady income sufficient to repay an affordable mortgage and satisfactory credit history
- Must be within income limits (see chart below)