The Habitat for Humanity Homeownership Program provides a unique opportunity for hardworking families to “build and buy” their own homes. Houses are sold to new homeowners at no profit (0% APR). Home payments vary. Mortgage loan principal payments help pay for the construction of future homes in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Our affiliate builds homes in Salem, Keizer, Stayton, Lyons, Aumsville, Mill City, Mehama, Sublimity, Turner, Dallas, Independence, and Monmouth. If you are interested in purchasing a Habitat home elsewhere, contact the Habitat affiliate in your area.
We are accepting applications for 2021 selection from October 1, 2020 – November 30, 2020. We have our application available here (click) or you can pick up an application from our office (1220 12th Street SE Salem, OR 97302). We are available Monday – Friday from 9 am 4 pm. If you are unable to pick up an application in person, please call 503-364-6642 and we can mail one to you.
We have virtual and socially distanced information meetings available! If you are interested, please email our Director of Programs at email@example.com
Please note: we are not able to accept completed applications digitally, only in person or via mail. All applications must be submitted to our office by November 30th at 4 pm (or post-marked by that date if mailed).
For any questions about details or qualifying for our program contact Kattrina Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-364-6642.
Please check our Facebook page for regular Homeownership updates. A Spanish version of the application is available upon request. After turning in an application, applicants are placed on the Prospective Homeowners List and we will contact you when we will be reviewing applications. For more questions and information, please attend an Application Information Meeting or contact Kattrina Osborn at email@example.com.
Application Information meetings are held prior to each round of selection for the Homeownership Program. At the Application Information Meeting we will distribute Homeownership Program applications and discuss:
- Habitat 101- Who We Are & What We Do
- The Homeownership Program (benefits, qualifications, requirements, where we build, Habitat for Humanity mortgages and home payments)
- How to Complete an Application Form
- How Applicants Are Selected
- What to Expect if You Are Selected
Application Meeting Dates
In-Person meetings are being held at the Habitat Warehouse, located at the Habitat Office (1220 12th St SE) and are expected to last one hour:
- Saturday, 10/10/2020 at 11 am and 1 pm
- Saturday, 10/24/2020 at 11 am and 1 pm
- Saturday, 11/7/2020 at 11 am and 1 pm
Virtual meetings will be held on Zoom and expected to last one hour, please email Katt to register and get the link:
- Monday, 10/5/2020 at 6 pm
- Wednesday, 10/14/2020 at 6 pm
- Friday, 10/30/2020 at 6 pm
- Monday, 11/9/2020 at 6 pm
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent legal resident
- Must live in our affiliate service area for at least 12 months (click here to verify your zip code is in our service area)
- Cannot have owned a home during the past 3 years
- Cannot have a bankruptcy discharged within the past 3 years
- Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, overcrowded or unaffordable housing
- Must be willing to contribute 500 volunteer hours – “sweat equity” (300 hours for households with 1 adult)
- Must have proof of steady income sufficient to repay a mortgage and satisfactory credit history
- Must be within 30% to 80% of the Marion County median household income
The selection of applicants who will purchase homes from Habitat for Humanity of the Mid-Willamette Valley is managed by the Family Selection Committee in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, or national origin or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance programs.