The Habitat for Humanity Home ownership Program provides a unique opportunity for hardworking families to “build and buy” their own homes. Houses are sold to new homeowners at no profit (0% APR). Home payments vary. Mortgage loan principal payments help pay for the construction of future homes in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Our affiliate builds homes in Salem, Keizer, Stayton, Lyons, Aumsville, Mill City, Mehama, Sublimity, Turner, Dallas, Independence, and Monmouth. If you are interested in purchasing a Habitat home elsewhere, you will need to contact the Habitat affiliate in your area.
Call us at (503) 364-6642 or click on the application form. Spanish version is below the English version. We will add you to our prospective homeowners list and contact you when we will be reviewing applications.
Application Information meetings are held prior to each round of selection for the Home-ownership Program. At the Application Information Meeting we will distribute Home-ownership Program applications and discuss:
- Habitat 101- Who We Are & What We Do
- The Home-ownership Program (benefits, qualifications, requirements, where we build, Habitat for Humanity mortgages and home payments)
- How to Complete an Application Form
- How Applicants Are Selected
- What to Expect if You Are Selected
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent legal resident
- Must live in our affiliate service area for at least 12 months (click here to verify your zip code is in our service area)
- Cannot have owned a home during the past 3 years
- Cannot have a bankruptcy discharged within the past 3 years
- Currently living in sub-standard, subsidized, overcrowded or unaffordable housing
- Must be willing to contribute 500 volunteer hours – “sweat equity” (300 hours for households with 1 adult)
- Must have proof of steady income sufficient to repay a mortgage and satisfactory credit history
- Must be within 30% to 80% of the Marion County median household income
Most recent meeting is completed. However you can still apply – call 503-364-6642 or click HERE for an application form.
Individuals on our prospective homeowners list will be contacted prior to the next Application Information Meeting.
The selection of applicants who will purchase homes from Habitat for Humanity of the Mid-Willamette Valley is managed by the Family Selection Committee in a way that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, or national origin or because all or part of the applicant’s income is derived from public assistance programs.